In a nutshell...

My photo
Missouri, United States
I'm an artist, convenience store general manager, Nine Inch Nails fan, and hopeless internet addict. And now I'm a marathoner! Blogged By Jaye is my general-purpose blog, and Fat to Finish Line is my running journal. Occasional foul language included on both sites.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: Here's to more of the same!

Well, happy 2011, everybody! Happily, I'm not having to clean up after any parties, and the very minor hangover I had this morning is long gone. We've already been grocery shopping and had lunch with my family. I went out today and picked up a book I've been meaning to read (A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking) and got a new juicer. So far, the year is off to a good start.

I'm going to start with a good ol' detox diet (thus the juicer) because I've been feeling pretty, well, bloated. I don't think I've gained a significant amount of weight back this year judging from the fact that I can still zip my smallest jeans, but they're tighter than they used to be and I know I've relapsed on some bad habits. I do not need to be eating Little Debbie snack cakes. Ever. So I'm going to take a few days to clean up my act, and then get back on a sensible eating regimen.

I also think it's time to finally do the one thing I've been putting off. Quitting smoking. It's not so much a New Year's resolution. I've just recently come to the decision that it's really time, and it just happens to coincide with the new year.

And, although I know I've been talking about this for well over a year now and had plans fall through twice, I will walk a marathon this year. I will. I don't care if I have to do it alone, although with my sister home from the Middle East I finally have somebody to train and plan with.

Otherwise, though, I refuse to make plans for 2011. I'm not setting a bunch of goals or making a list of things I hope will happen. I'm looking forward to seeing Does It Offend You, Yeah? open for Linkin Park at the end of the month. I'm looking forward to doing more cooking, planting another garden this spring, and having a long, caffeinated relationship with my Keurig. Basically, I'm looking forward to another year of simply living day to day and enjoying it.

Powered by Plinky

No comments:

Post a Comment